[an error occurred while processing this directive]
>>If what Niven suggests is true, that the term paragenetic includes not only >>those of Sincalir ancestry but also thsoe who are 'spiritually' Sinclairs - >>can I lay claim to honorary para-genetic status.?. After all my sirname >>translates into English as 'son of the sea-warrior' and I have been known, >>when in abberant mood to promote the Sinclair cause from time to time. >> >>Best wishes >> >>Tim >Dear Tim, > >As you have shown yourself to be the promoter-in-chief of the Sinclair cause, >we will give you honorary para-genetic status John tells us that pargenesis >means 'the order in which the constituent minerals in a rock mass have been >formed' which makes you (and the rest of us) a product of a very rich gene >pool with the Sinclair gene dominant in colour (red hair and green eyes) and >temperament (bloody mindedness bordering on madness). Good point. If Tim isn't one, he should be. >Para-genetic will appear in the next issue of Collins English Dictionary in >its new additional meaning. Google (John's word) will not appear because, > having no etymological foundation, it is totally meaningless which is why >it cannot be found in any standard dictionary. Google doesn't have to appear in a dictionary, for the same reason that Sinclair does not need to appear in a dictionary: it's a name, not a plain noun. Google is the web directory that appears at http://www.google.com >Generally, I am against the bastardisation of the English language but accept >the use of new words to satisfy the needs of the technological age in >which we live and in which (the para-genetic) John excels. Actually, I'm a peculiar corner case. I do carry the Sinclair name, as a middle name, in unbroken direct descent. >Niven, who is also para-genetic to the umpteenth degree, from a rather alarming >gene pool of murderers and maniacs, bishops and bigots, saints and sinners >which makes him at one with the rest of you. We all need locking up for the >safety of the populace at large. I would think a true Sinclair would put no credence in what the populace at large thinks. :-) John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html