[an error occurred while processing this directive]
I have been reading some papers that sort of dropped into my lap, so to speak. Primarily they are on the family that married into the Arthur Sinclairs - the Whittle family, also sea-related. I found a statement written in the hand of George Tarry Sinclair, son of Arthur (2nd generation, I think) who submitted a copy of the Sinclair crest along with the statement that the crest was forever lost when his ship, the "Peacock" went down in the Pacific about 1840-50 or so. Also, on another paper, that Arthur had a middle name as evidenced by an initial "F" - Arthur F. Sinclair. At this point I don't know which Arthur (there were 3, maybe 4, depending of when the paper was written). But yes, I am as proud of "my" Sinclairs as if I were in direct line, instead of two marriages, distaff side. Sinclair, Aye! Sally [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html