[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Major Ron Sinclair has made an extensive collection of fallen Sinclairs of all the allied forces of the 20th Century, a huge work, and it is to be found at the Clan Study Centre at Noss Head in Caithness, Scotland. Yours aye Iain ----- Original Message ----- From: "ann sinclair" <ann.l.sinclair@wanadoo.fr> To: <sinclair@quarterman.org> Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 11:32 AM Subject: Sinclair's at war Dear Sinclair's, I have been busy on a Sinclair project, gathering names of all Sinclair's globaly who fell in war conflicts. I have had wonderful responses from world wide Defence departments and it seems that this project is going to be bigger than Superman himself. It is my hope to have a book published and present a book to the Mayor of St Clair sur Epte. It would rest, leather bound and proudly in the St Clair Church, Normandy as a rememberance to our honored Sinclair kin. I have gathered some very exciting information while searching through records. In the coloured American regimants during the civil 1800's war, we have 9 Negro or mixed race Sinclair men. One of whom is listed as a slave. I have also found one of Neopleans soliders who received the medal of St Helen's in France in 1857 here are his details. I hope to send for his service dosier. nom: MEUNIER ST-CLAIR prenom: Auguste François annee_de_naissance: 23/8/1787 commune_de_residence: Lyon 2° arrondissement: Lyon departement: Rhône (69) profession: Lieutenant-colonel en retraite grade: Ss-lieutenant regiment: 6° Leger, 2° Léger periode: 10/7/1803-10/2/1807-1/8/1815 campagnes: 1803-1804 Armée des Côtes, 1805-1815 diverses armées divers: Habite 19 rue de la Charité I would also like to include personal war stories from living Sinclairs to add in the book, or historical war documents. If anyone would like to contribute war related tit bits, even photo's please email me.With a little extra help from others I think the finished product will be fantastic. Annie [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html