[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Dear Bruce, Fascinating stuff, if calling for several grains of salt. This reference to Elizabeth having had two sons-- > Following the childless death of Elizabeth Tudor of England, the Scottish > and English Crowns were united in 1603. (IMHO not actually childless; she > had 2 sons = kept a state secret for political reasons. They were removed > from court and given titles on their maturity). You say this is in your opinion--could I ask you the basis for this theory, and could you give names? As someone who makes her living sussing out items of "crypto-history", as I call it--the secret history behind the official history--this is an intriguing supposition, but I've run across nothing this specific in my research--and my area of emphasis in my master's research was the Tudor and Elizabethan period. Two pregnancies brought to term would have been pretty difficult to conceal, especially for someone constantly in the public eye--but some women don't show, right to the end. As for the proliferation of speculative fiction involving a holy bloodline--weeeeel, I suppose some of it could be true; I'd <like> for some of it to be true. But I have to say that I was merely bemused on Saturday, when I was looking over the new titles available in the bookstalls at Roslyn Chapel. (I was there for an investiture of the Order of St. Lazarus.) Some books of this sort are irresistible--I own and have read not a few of them--but I couldn't find even one that prompted me to whip out my wallet. Maybe maturity does, indeed, bring finer discrimination. ;-) Best wishes, Katherine in Ireland [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html