[an error occurred while processing this directive]
To Everyone, I understand Tim's point of view. But as the saying goes "you don't throw the baby out with the bath-water". Admittedly; the meaning of Masonic symbols is not his strength; but as a mason, I will do that for myself. IMHO Andrew Sinclair has provided me with much material that I have not come across form other sources; such as the images from the Templar/Masonic graves at Kilmartin, Sinclair traditions regarding the Robin Hood play in his book "The Sword and the Grail". His book initiated my journey/quest into Sinclair territory; for which I am eternally grateful. With regard to "The Secret Scroll" it has provided probably less new material for myself; however there are plenty of colour images from medieval Grail accounts and other bits and pieces. This book deserves a detailed write-up which I am prepared to do when I have finished it. I am 2/3 through it. Basically, I read a chapter sit-back and chew it over before plodding on to the next chapter. I have read most of your books Tim and can say I keep them right alongside those of Andrew's. Both of you deliver valuable information, but do come from very different approaches. I have wondered about some of the things mentioned by Andrew and sought a reference at the back of the book; but he has not included them specifically. This is frustrating, but he does include a general list of references on topics mentioned in each chapter. With all that said; I highly value the works of both Tim and Andrew. They are important components of my Sinclair collection. My last comment is that I find it inspiring that Andrew would even bother to search through all the local records and come across the scroll in the first place. Particularly accessing Masonic buildings etc. Additionally, he was very quick to publish his findings and get it out to us all. Whether it all stands up to the test of time, we shall see. "Truth will conquer all". And maybe he is taking an academic risk in not waiting for corroborating academics. If he waited, we would have to wait. For myself, I cannot wait for others to stamp their authorities approval before I should be exposed to it. But his effort is now out there; for each of us to read and weigh-up for ourselves. This is somewhat of a defence for Andrew Sinclair as he is not on email. I think we should treat all those that bring us new news through their own efforts with kindness and thanks. To Tim and all of you that search out truth in your own capacity; our warmest wishes to you. Regards Bruce