[an error occurred while processing this directive]
I first came across "yours aye" as the sign off to notes between officers while serving in The Scottish Division. In this contect it means "yours ever","aye" being Scots for "ever". Of course, "aye", in Scots more commonly means "yes". It is determined by the context. I adopted it as my personal sign off, and usually use it on this list! So, Yours aye Iain ----- Original Message ----- From: "donna willis" <reggie2@wkbwmail.com> To: <sinclair@matrix.net> Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 4:05 PM Subject: Re:Sally please stay with us. > I still don't know what "Yours Aye" means. Would someone share the knowledge with me? I always thought it was just a Scottish greeting. Thanks. > Donna Willis > > On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:43:26 EST IDL64@aol.com wrote: > > > > > > Dear Cousin Sally, > > > > Stay with us. We Sinclairs are interested in a lot of things. I would > >rather hear what is of concern to our family members, than take a chance of > >missing out on something that may not be of interest to all, but could be of > >interest to some. > > > > Just like the neener business, I thought perhaps it was Celtic/Scottish > >for something. For a long time I really did not know what Yours Aye meant. > > > > Stay with us, because I may need some questions answered. > > > > Sincerely, Your Cousin, Ivan of Trafalgar > >[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org > >[ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html > > > > Sign up for your FREE E-mail Account at http://www.wkbw.com > [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org > [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html > [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html