[an error occurred while processing this directive]
I shared the piper's experience with the Pres. of our Scottish Society of
Indianapolis and he shared it with a member of the Murat Highlanders Pipe
Band. Here is his experience. Cousin Ivan
Hello, Ivan!
- To: IDL64@aol.com
- Subject: Fwd: Amazing Grace
- From: CarsonSmith@aol.com
- Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:29:01 EST
- Full-name: CarsonSmith
I thought you would enjoy this response to your forward re: Amazing Grace.
William Stanton is with the Murat Highlanders Pipe Band, sponsor of
Saturday's Celtic Celebration.
Yours, aye!
carsonsmith@aol.com
- To: "'CarsonSmith@aol.com'" <CarsonSmith@aol.com>
- Subject: RE: Amazing Grace
- From: "Stanton, William" <William.Stanton@westin.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:15:46 -0500
- Return-Receipt-To: "Stanton, William" <William.Stanton@westin.com>
Carson, what a great story. I'm only a beginner piper, but my boys, the Murat Highlanders, had given me a solo tune to work on: Wild Irish Rose. I've been playing it with another piper to get me over my beginner shyness. Well, this past Saturday, our first performance (of a long 14 hour day) was a healthcare facility. When we got to my duet, my partner leaned over (just like a flying instructor does one day) and whispered that I needed to play it solo. Well, I can't explain what came over me, but play it I did...with more passion and soul than I knew I possessed. The daughter of one of the patients cried her eyes out. I moved up a notch on the piping scale this past Saturday, not because I played my first audience solo, but because I knew I had learned that playing the pipes isn't a learned mechanical exercise...it's about projecting music that really can touch people's most basic human emotions! Slainte mhath, Brother. -----Original Message----- From: CarsonSmith@aol.com [SMTP:CarsonSmith@aol.com] Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 7:34 PM To: jkestin@hotmail.com; william.stanton@westin.com; campbell_white@hotmail.com; bagman@in-motion.net Subject: Fwd: Amazing Grace Forward to pipers. Yours, aye! carsonsmith@aol.com << Message: Fwd: Amazing Grace >>