Strange twist of events?

Title: Strange twist of events?
Hi everyone,

I found this interesting comment with newspaper extract today. What do you make of it? (we have not heard this story here in Quebec...Have you?)

« EXCLUSIVE - By Colin Grant
A SCOTTISH tourist who died mysteriously in Israel may have been murdered
because of his involvement in a shadowy organisation which dates back to
Robert the Bruce and the Crusades. It is also now believed that when Alisdair Rosslyn Sinclair met his death, his heart was removed as part of a medieval ritual. Mr Sinclair, originally from Arran, made an unexplained five-day visit to Israel in April 1998. He was arrested as he tried to leave the country and
died in police custody. When his body was returned to Scotland, an autopsy revealed his heart was missing.»

«The official version of events stated that Mr Sinclair hanged himself in a police cell and that his heart had been taken for closer examination and had been misplaced. The Israeli health authorities then sent a heart to his family but it was impossible to test it and, therefore, confirm its origin. At the time of his death he was described as a resident of Amsterdam who eked out a living as a musician and from making and selling guitars. Now, startling new evidence has been uncovered which reveals that the humble
Scottish guitar maker was a direct descendant of a high-ranking family which helped found the Order of the Knights Templar.»

«The Order is embroiled in an international battle for the control of the holy sites in Jerusalem, the capital of Israel. An investigation into Alisdair Sinclair's death was carried out by Israeli author Barry Chamish. Many of Chamish's findings are backed up by Alisdair's brother. Yesterday Barry Chamish told The Sunday Post, "I have examined every available piece of evidence relating to the death of Alisdair Sinclair. Conspiracy. "In my opinion he was murdered and his killing was linked to a greater conspiracy. "After his death in police custody, Alisdair's body was taken to the Abu Kabir Institute of Forensics where an autopsy was carried out. Last week the Israeli Government launched a massive investigation into Abu Kabir after numerous allegations that body parts from corpses were illegally removed by staff there and sold on the black market for organ transplant. "But it was pointless removing Alisdair's heart for medical reasons," claims Barry Chamish. "For a start, a heart has to be kept alive via a life support system if it is to be transplanted.

"Even more damning is the fact that in Israel we do not carry out heart transplants. "Alisdair Rosslyn Sinclair was murdered and his heart removed because of his bloodline. "He may not have realised it, but he was one of the leading members of the Knights Templar hierarchy. "The Knights Templar believe they are the rightful heirs to the Christian holy sites in Jerusalem and are currently involved in a secret battle to gain control of them. "Alisdair was killed because he got caught up in this clandestine war. The removal of his heart is part of the Knights Templar tradition. When Robert the Bruce died he asked that his heart be cut out and taken from Scotland to be buried in Jerusalem. In Israel, legend has it that his dying wishes were fulfilled."

Last night both Alisdair's brother and the Order of the Knights Templar (AND WHO WHOULD THAT BE???) backed up some of Chamish's conclusions. James Sinclair, Alisdair's younger brother, said, "Alisdair knew all about our Knights Templar background. He was proud of the fact he was named after Rosslyn Chapel, which was built by the Knights Templar in Scotland. "He and I were told about our heritage and bloodline by our father when we were young boys. And we often visited Rosslyn Chapel." A spokesman for Militi Templi Scotia, the Scottish Knights Templar, admitted to The Sunday Post, "We are currently involved in an attempt to remove control of the holy sites of Jerusalem from the Israeli Government. "We believe they should be administered by the United Nations and are working with the UN and Nato to achieve that goal."

Sounds familiar...  like some sort of Priory of Sion story!...
I am really curious to find out excactly what the Sinclair Clan thinks about this rather bizarre story!

Francine