Daniel St. Clair b. 1759 Scotland

This is a genealogy request. I am searching for information on my 4th great grandfather, Daniel ST.CLAIR. He was born 17 March 1759 in Scotland and died 28 Feb. 1835 in Northumberland Co.,PA. He is buried along with his wife, Isabella Auchmuty St.Clair at Fisher's Ferry,PA.
Daniel came to the USA in 1771 at the age of 12. We don't know at this point if he was accompanied by anyone or if he made the trip alone.
Daniel enlisted in the Rev. War in the spring of 1777 as a drummer in Capt. Nichols Company, Col. Thomas Hartley's Penn. Regt. and was promoted to drum major in this same Company. In 1778,while in battle (not sure which one),he received serious wounds to his body (loss of his left eye and all the fingers of his left hand) which lead to his discharge on 11 Nov 1783.
We know that the Gen. Arthur St.Clair also had a son named Daniel and that the two families often lived in the same counties. I am wondering if maybe our Daniel maybe somehow related to the Gen. as a nephew or cousin?
I would like to find out about Daniel's Scotish family. If anything sounds familiar, please email me at Premio500@aol.com
Thanks for your help,
Carolyn St.Clair Vaughn