new items in the web pages

Here is a brief update on new items in the web pages.
All of them may be found by looking under New in

 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/

The new items in the past week are:

Niven Sinclair's writeup on the Battle of Altimarlach has joined the
other versions already in place.

Sinclair de la Behottiere has sent an interesting chronology of the Norman
Epic of reconnaissances, foundings of states, and discoveries of new lands.
He also sent a picture of the castle of Robert the Devil, father of
William the Conqueror, as well as a picture of the label of a really
bad dessert wine that is named after St. Clair.

Laurel sent a nice announcement of our man in Normandy's participation
in the 16 July 1999 feast day (Fete) of St. Clair in St. Clair-sur-Epte;
it's in the hermit's own web page.

Several people have provided comments on Lena A Lofstrom's project
to compiling GEDCOM for a Sinclair genealogical database, and those
comments are now in the corresponding web page.

And we have Sinclair de la Behottiere's picture of the Brothers of
Charity of St. Clair, with whom he collaborated in the feast day of
Saint Clair; we anticipate his report from that event.

Those of you who have sent in material that hasn't appeared in the web
pages yet, don't despair; I'll get to it as time permits; I'm still moving
and business is booming.

The vast majority of the material in these web pages has been sent in by
various Sinclairs and others all over the world, many of them through
the Sinclair discussion list,

 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html

And remember: these web pages were never intended to be the only
Sinclair web pages.  They are more of an overview that should over time
increasingly use links into other pages elsewhere.  Send in URLs for
your own web pages; I will add links to them.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>