Reply to Mark Anderson

We may be "cousins". My great great great grandfather (William
Sinclair, b 1793 @ Hempriggs House)married Henrietta Dunbar Sutherland
in America's state of Pensylvania about 1810. Hempriggs House is now a
pensioners home, but one can see it must have been an impressive estate
in it's day. As I was wandering through the overgrown plantings in the
forgotten garden I happened to come face to face with a deer. I think I
may have been more startled than he. The old trees along the lane
leading to the house are gnarled and filled with crows, who sounded my
arrival. I had always thought Hempriggs House was a village, since it
has it's own spot on the map. The greatest reward during my eventful
trip to Scotland was learning that Hempriggs was an estate that was
still standing.

===
Donald Sinclair