Minoan copper & America's Stonehenge

Wasn't there more accessible copper on the east coast than way over in MN?
Was there something special about it?  Or just laying on the surface?
    How did they go there, across land or the St. Lawrence connection?  Or
did they have the Indians organized (polite word for enslaved) to bring it
wherever?  Then the Minoans would have had to have an army of "overseers"
along the routes and at the mines to keep things moving (as the Spanish did
in Mexico)  Or were there trade goods that achieved the peaceful exchange?

    = = =
   It would seem to me that after 2000-4000 years, the Stonehenge site would
have been pretty well buried.  At least there should be trees grown around
the rocks here and there.  I don't remember hearing about such things.  I
had the impression that much of it was visible during the early Colonial
times when one of the colonists built his house there.  It was said that
about a third of the rocks were hauled away to make door stoops and
foundations.  How do they know it was a third?
   As we walked along, Gordon Flaws tapped the ground with his cane and said
it sounded hollow below.  BUT as we have walked in the mountains around
here, it has also resonated hollowness as we plodded along.  If we, just
walking along, thought it was hollow below, surely they would have excavated
those areas already.  But then they said they weren't through digging.
    Darwin aren't there some publishings on this subject among your
community of Archaeologists?  I have their pamphlet before me.  One rock is
said to have a Celtic sun symbol and another a running deer or ibex.

2 NW trivia items:
    There is a "Stonehenge" built high on what was then a desolate
Washington slope of the Columbia River shore.  It was built by Sam Hill
(from whence comes the phrase "Where in Sam Hill") m. to Mary Hill d/o James
Hill of Great Northern RR fame (from whence comes the words to the old
Wobbly song "I like Jim Hill, he's a nice kind of guy, that's why I'm
walking down Jim Hill's main line, Halleluyah I'm a Bum.......")

    This Stonehenge replica was the first WWI monument in the US.  On each
upright slab is the name of a serviceman who died in that war from that
county. This
overlooks the Columbia River and has a spectacular viewpoint.
    Nearby is Sam's home, Maryhill, which is furnished with many many
things given to him by the Queen of Romania. He was part of the "Jet Set" of
the 20's.  Her throne is there, pictures of the Czars family that she was
related to.  If anyone drives through the Columbia Gorge they should not
fail to take in this oddity of history.  He envisioned this as his American
Chateau with farm land all around but things didn't work out that way.
   There is a Great collection of  Indian culture things.  These Indians out
here were very well to do.  In this area along the shores of the Columbia
there where high plateau areas where Indians from all over came to trade and
have horse races.  Horses from the Nez Pierce, Shells from the coast, dried
salmon from this area, slaves from the California brought by the Klamath
Indians of S. Oregon.  They also brought flour made from seeds of the water
lily type plants  growing in Klamath Lake.  There was an abundance of food
so there was much time left to make fantastically beautiful things and
develop a rich verbal tradition.

Trivia # 2 I am hoping that if you people suffering from the heat can
meditate on this it might cool you down.
    Yesterday they were finally able to push through the snowbanks on the
McKenzie Pass highway in the central Oregon Cascades.  This was the latest
opening on record.
It's 60 degrees and cloudy here and I have goose bumps.
    Laurel