Feast day of St. Clair

Cousins,
   Tomorrow, July 16th, is the feast day of St. Clair at St. Clair-sur-Epte.
Our cousin, Sinclair de la Behottiere will represent all of us as he, one of
the few chosen by the mayor, will help carry the bones of St. Clair through
the streets.  This will begin exactly at 11:00 PM in the cemetery, where the
poplar logs are blessed and set on fire and then the 15 meter (49 ft.)
pyramid and cross will be carried through the streets.
    Why not figure out what time that will be wherever you are at and then
close your eyes and imagine the cemetery, with the crowds coming from the
Fair and late dance now gathering around this group with the cross towering
above all, lighted by the fire.  See the flickering shadows and lights on
the faces and the ancient yew trees around the edge of the cemetery.  Could
these very yews have been saplings at the time of our Rollo?