Welsh Sinclair

Yes, within three generations of the Conquest, the St Clairs/St Cleres/St Clears (and many other phonetic renderings)
were to be found in 43 English counties and in Wales where you will find Castle St Clears.

My studies (which began when I was 6 years-old and are nowhere near complete as I enter my 76th year) show that
the Sinclairs had a strategy which transcended national boundaries.  We have never been insular in outlook.
We have always been keen to explore new horizons.

The full story of this amazing family has still to be written.  Betty S. may be surprised to know that it did not begin in
1800 A.D.  Notwithstanding this, we are very conscious of the need to update "St Clairs of the Isles" which deals with
many American Sinclair families up to the end of the 19th Century.  This will prove to be a massive task which will require
many years of painstaking research but, with the help of the Sinclair discussion group and new technology, we will not
experience the same difficulty as Roland William St Clair did when he compiled his great work in far off New Zealand at
a time when communication took months rather than the seconds it will take to send this e-mail to you.

Whatever Betty S might think we are not "Two nations divided by a single language".  We are  a family of 250,000 people
united by our lineage.

We are nothing without our roots.

Niven Sinclair

[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@jump.net. [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html