Re: AUTOPOST: Guest Book Entry [Jen St. Clair]

At 23:16 31/05/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I am looking for information on Daniel ST.CLAIR / SINCLAIR b. 1794 Scotland
>d. 1854 Ottowa Co. OH. His wife was Sarah KING b. 1804 VA d. 1886 Bureau Co.
>IL.
>I am wondering if you would happen to have any information on him in your
>Ohio St. Clairs information?
>
>Kay Wilson
>Bremerton WA

Alas, I can find nothing about the Daniel Sinclair you write about.  The
only Daniel I can trace is Captain Daniel Sinclair who was an officer
during the War of Independence who
lost all his 'papers' in a sudden freshet of the Ohio River.  He married
Rachel the daughter of a Dr Robert Shannon of Pennsylvania by whom he had
12 children - two of them named Daniel both of whom died young.  (It wasn't
unusual to find  a later child being named after
an earlier child who had died in infancy or to find two children with the
same name but by
different wives).

Niven Sinclair