new items in the web pages

There are numerous new things in the web pages this week; look under New in
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/

The biggest change is a new set of pages on religion, which include
 a page with a timeline of religion (and a link to Paul's Scottish Timeline),
 a page with Jean Haddow's text about Keiss Baptist Church,
 a page with Stephen D. Anderson's White Lady writeup,
 a page with William Stuart Buehler's sacred architecture information.

The religion pages are set up to make it easy to drop in more text.
There is some more backlog that I haven't put in yet (will whoever sent
the concise writeup about John Knox, Mary Queen of Scots, and
Presbyterians please forward me a copy for a web page).

Please do note my disclaimer about the religion pages:
	Religion and politics are notoriously divisive subjects,
	so let me hasten to say at the outset that opinions from many
	different people will be represented here, and I do not confirm,
	deny, attest, or refute any of them, except where I explicitly
	say so. --jsq

Shetland now has a page, which could use some more text.

There are new links on the Orkney page, the Australia page, and various
other places.

Three or four different opinions on the Norman vs. Gaelic nature of the
Sinclair family are woven together among the history pages.

The glossary contains several new words, such as noss and factor,
and the FAQ has some new links.

The longest of these 160 web pages remains the one about books,
in which there are several new entries from various people.

Most of the new material was as usual written by other people, not me.
Thanks to all of you for providing it, and thanks to Laurel for
coordinating acquisition of most of it.

Send in your text and graphics for web pages to me or Laurel,
laurel@spiritone.com.  I will add them as time permits, including
attributions for everyone who does not request to be anonymous.

As always, keep in mind that these web pages were never intended to be
the only Sinclair web pages. They are more of an overview that should
over time increasingly use links into other pages elsewhere.  Send in
URLs for your own web pages; I will add links to them.

Has anyone volunteered to handle web pages for notable Sinclairs yet?

For most of the rest of this week I will be out of pocket attending a
family function, so if you don't hear back from me until next week,
don't despair; your message will be in my back mail somewhere.

Meanwhile, let the party continue.

John Sinclair Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>