Re: this and that

At 11:09 18/05/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Cousins,
>    If someone knows the answer to the naming of Noss Head Lighthouse as
>requested by Dietmar Noss of Germany, I would like to hear it also.
>
>    My old clan membership list shows no members in ND.  Are there any ND
>people on this discussion list?  Are there any people that might be going
>through Fargo, ND one of these days?
>    I think it would be nice to have some new pictures of the Rollo statue
>there plus we could use some detective work done in Lakota, Nelson Co., ND.
>IT is about 20 miles E. of Devils Lake on Route 2 and about 50 miles from
>MN.
>
>John Sutherland Sinclair, the 17th Earl of Caithness, moved there in 1884.
>He bought 3040 acres about 6 miles NE of Lakota and ran a dairy herd of 50
>or more cows.   He became the 17th Earl in 1891 when his father James
>Augustus Sinclair died.  In 1905 he returned to Scotland to take over his
>hereditary estate as Earl of Caithness where he repaired the castle and
>tenant houses.  Then he returned to US and died engaged in mining in Canada
>then went to Los Angeles about 1917.  He died there in in 1920.
>    So there might be grandchildren of his workers still living around
>Lakota that might have some further information for us.  Anybody interested
>in looking into this?
>
>    Wouldn't it be nice to have some pictures of St. Clare on the Ept in
>France?  Someone told about a statue with 5 St. Clairs (5 previous
>generations) with William the Conqueror on the top.  Was that at Rouen?  We
>could use some pictures of all these French places and castles of the Dukes
>of Normandy.
>Laurel

My team have filmed Castle St Clair-sur-Epte.  I hope  it will appear on
international TV
one day but we are stil trying to enlist the interest and support of the
terrestial broadcasting
channels.  We have filmed all the way from the Holy Land to Rhode Island
and most places
in between which has made me considerably poorer than I was but rich in
experience and
friends.
Niven