Re: Astonishing Sinclair history!

Hi Laurel and all,
In the South Island of New Zealand there are two Mount Sinclairs.
I can get more info to put on about these particular Sinclairs it is
just a matter a reading up on things again.

The Mt Sinclair named after Captain Sinclair and his family is on the
Banks Peninsula at a place called Pigeon Bay, a beautiful place which
happens to be my most favourite place in New Zealand. There is a
smaller bay inside Pigeon Bay that was formerly known as Sinclair Bay
and the two points on either side named after two of Captain
Sinclair's daughters.
I have heaps of information on Captain Sinclair and his family.

The other Mt Sinclair is in more central South Island.
There is a point at the bottom of the North Island of NZ named
Sinclair Head. I think?

My great great great grandfather lived and built boats in caves until
he built his house. Many of the settlers arrived to find nothing
here. Often people lived in tents for a long time.
Caves have been used y the earliest people such as the Maori of nz
for shelter.

When my web site gets up properly I hope to put as much info on it as
I possibly can.There is so much to tell.

Jenny