Re: Astonishing Sinclair history!

Laurel,
   A bit of a romantic story re: my great grandfather and the South African
Gold Rush.  This story was relayed to me by a 90 year old Orcadian gentleman
who knew my great grandfather's family.   ALEXANDER SINCLAIR went to join
unnamed uncle in the search for gold.  He found a nugget the size of nut and
returned to Orkney, fancied some jewelry for family members and used the
procedes to marry a my grandmother "whose family thought they were gentry"
and finance his trip to America.   He had come from a family whose family of
13 lived on a small croft surrounded on three sides by my gr-grandmothers
large farm.
                                            Marilyn