Re: Baptist Religion--A hint?

I have read recently that a Sinclair built the first Baptist Church in
northern Scotland !

Since  the first article on this site that raised the Baptist question
occurred several days later , I didn't note the specific details for later
reference.

To address the inquiry that first raised this issue , it would seem consistent
with this finding that a specific religious affiliation could provide a
valuable clue in finding roots in a family line .

I would confirm other list member's comments that the religious affiliations
were often fluid in this country . My own Sinclair line in the USA was first
found to be
Methodist- Episcopal , then Episcopal .

A daughter then married into a line with Quaker , Baptist and Presbyterian
member !

Joe Greigg