Re: Winter solstice

I was raised with both the Catholic tradition and what
we called "The Way".  Our celebration of the winter
solstice is the Return of The Light which celebrates
the turning of the season and the days getting longer.
The God that died in the Autumn is beginning to be
reborn. He is completely reborn  at the Equinox.
If any would like more information or a copy of the
ritual that I use, feel free to contact me on-list or
off-list and I will send you the ritual.
Blessed Be,
Tearlach

--- Sinclair <labehotiere@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> How like a winter hath my absence been
> From thee, the pleasure of the fleeting year!
> What freezings have I felt, what dark days seen!
> What old December's bareness everywhere!
> And yet this time removed was summer's time;
> The teeming autumn, big with rich increase,
> Bearing the wanton burden of the prime,
> Like widow'd wombs after their lords' decease:
> Yet this abundant issue seemed to me
> But hope of orphans, and unfathered fruit;
> For summer and his pleasures wait on thee,

[ Excess quotations omitted. ]

====There's nae man sae deif as he tha' winna hear.