Re: Removals from the list

John,

I agree with Tim.  The creative tension between the "speculative historians"
and the hard-nosed academics on this list has been very productive.   If this
balance is lost, the list will suffer grievously.

Rather than striking folks off the list, why not re-affirm the rules.  And why
not suggest that ALL participants try to separate their opinions from their
egos.  After all, criticizing someone's position is NOT the same as criticizing
their person. Academics learn this distinction early in their careers, (or are
driven out with their tails between their legs), but for the rest of the
population, it's a problem.

Tolerance, cousins... tolerance!

Best regards,

Joe