thoroughly, from Old French, from re- + cerchier to search --
Date: 1577
1 : careful or diligent search
2 : studious inquiry or examination; especially : investigation or
experimentation aimed at the discovery and interpretation of facts, revision
of accepted theories or laws in the light of new facts, or practical
application of such new or revised theories or laws
3 : the collecting of information about a particular subject

The same dictionary defines historical as:
Main Entry: his·tor·i·cal
Pronunciation: -i-k&l
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 a : of, relating to, or having the character of history b : based on
history c : used in the past and reproduced in historical presentations
2 : famous in history : HISTORIC a
3 a : SECONDARY 1c b : DIACHRONIC <historical grammar>

Without emotive is it possible to get an answer to this question?

Question; "How many women with PMT does it take to change a light bulb."
Answer;" three". Question "Why?" Answer "It just does!!"

Sinclair
ref Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary 2001