Re: More Questions than Answers

 My principals are not one whit different than yours.  We are not strangers
in strange lands we are brothers in different lands. Every bone in my body
cries for vengeance. My first reaction was put on my old uniform pick up my
rifle and fight. This solves no problem.  We need an international approach
to determining what penalty and procedures should be. After World War II the
victors held war crimes trials in Nuremberg and Tokyo. In more recent years
the international community, under the auspices of the United Nations, has
created temporary tribunals to try those accused of wartime atrocities in
Rwanda and the former Yugoslavia. These ad-hoc courts are not enough. The
world needs to create a permanent international criminal court. Since World
War II there have been about 300 different of conflicts.  Close to a hundred
and fifty million killed, almost twice as many people killed in World War I
and World War II put together, and yet, in most of these cases we have seen
that people who perpetrated these crimes have received impunity.

We live in a world with walls and men with guns guard those walls. We should
be thankful that brave men are willing to risk their lives for our values.
We are free men we must find a way to remain free. Wars would end if those
who died in them could return.

The death of bin Laden still will leave us wondering who was really
responsible. The stupid giggling school boy video must go a long way to
discrediting him.  Only his spellbound followers would try to claim the
video to be fabricated.  What will he look like in a court? The mad man he
is. This deranged man will become, if we murder him, a mystical prophet.
There are already some 100,000,000 people who to a greater or lesser degree
think he is a symbol of their spiritual values.  I am not willing to give up
my values and principals for a madman.

In Romans 12:19  "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give
place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith
the Lord."

Sinclair