Re: Witch Hunts, etc.

    When I was growing up, we were raised with the Catholic church and "the
Way".  We were admonished to keep a close mouth about "the Way", especially
around those of the Church as many of "ar'ane" had been tried and burned for
the same things that we now did.
    This was in the 1950's and 1960's, not in some ancient, bygone time.  I
agree with you, Jeff, that we have not changed much in all this time and
continue to find means to segregate "Us" from "Them" so we can kill "Them".
And, if we think that such as these Witch trials can never come again, we
fool ourselves.  The trials have always come again, just with many different
names or causes.
Blessed Be,
Tearlach

jeffnpat wrote:

> Dear Sinclair Discussion Group:
>
> I hope to interest all of you with this "script", as some of you have
> come to call it.  It deals in part with genealogy, something that some
> of you have pleaded more for, and in part with "justice."  Fair warning:
> Take a seat, or hit the delete button now.
>
> I first became interested in genealogy when my mother died, in 1995,
> four days before Christmas.  For the first time in my life I came face
> to face with my own mortality, realizing that my life lay more behind me
> than before.  Looking backwards (instead of ahead) helped me to put on
> the brakes a bit.  I also have two children who had been born in the

[ Excess quotations omitted. ]

--
There's nae man sae deif as he tha' winna hear.