Re: Texas Grasshopper

At 15:40 10/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Judy,
>They must be about the size to eat. Yesterday on TV they were talking about
>eating locust, and different ways to cook them.I guess grasshoppers would
>taste about the same.
>Dorothy

Locusts are delicious.  They 'swarmed' regularly in Africa  when their huge
numbers
would darken the sky.  They should be fried in sim-sim oil and eaten whole
otherwise
the green gunge in the middle can appear unappetising if two bites are
taken.  The
wings should be removed.  Very nutritious.  My mouth is watering at the
thought of
the locust repasts which I have enjoyed whilst being hospitably entertained
by my
many African friends.  Nature is a great provider.

Niven Sinclair