Re: New Topic Crest

Dear Neil,

     Since 1995 I have been setting up Clan Sinclair booths at Celtic and
Scottish festivals in Virginia.  At one of these festivals, someone told me
that the cock (rooster) is the Scandinavian symbol of good fortune.  A
Frenchwoman I know told me the cock is the symbol of the Kings of France.
Since the Sinclairs are half French and half Norwegian Viking it seems to me
that the cock symbol comes from both Scandinavia (Norway, Denmark and Sweden)
and France.  I do not know in what year the cock symbol was first used on the
Sinclair crest.

Sincerely,

Susan M. Grady
Virginia Commissioner