Sent: Monday, December 25, 2000 4:36 AM
Subject: Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur

(Merry Christmas and Happy New Year)

The world has turned over many times since first I stumbled on this list. Times and events great and small have highlighted and illuminated the time in which we live. It is the best of all possible times. It is the only time we will ever know. Elections, in Canada, America and other places have shaped our collective destiny. The list participants have gone through both stormy and happy times together, if the sun always shines, there's a desert below. It takes a little rain to make love grow. There is no meaning to life except the meaning man gives his life by the unfolding of his powers. Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. Many of the good words of Niven, Jean, Jenny Coster, John McI, Margaret, Dizzydell, Mel, Rory, our dear Laurel, Gary, Ken W., Donald, David, Neil, Claire. Ian and of course the sublime John Q. and others of this extended family who have kindled the fire of seeking the knowledge of who we are and were we are going. In this wider family every person is equally important and each has a chance to be a hero You cannot kindle a fire in others until you have one burning in yourself. Character can not be developed by ease and quite only  by trials and tribulations that give strength and form to the soul then  ambition and success will be achieved. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. If we can pass our history and our dreams to our children and our children's children we shall be remembered from now until the ending of this world.  As much as the history of this family and the tumultuous times it has seen fascinates me, I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past

The greatest weakness of most people is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they are alive. At this time of year with the warmth of Christmas I  hope that the feeling of contentment is extend to every Sinclair, be he Chief or lowman and to every human being on the face of this earth.

If I could embrace you all I would.

Sinclair