Hugh and ?

Projet Beauceant records a marriage of Hugues de Payns but they list his
wife as Elisabeth de Chappess  but they show no relationship to any St
Clair. They claim that Elisabeth de Chappess  was in the line of the kings
of France.

M. Leroy in his work show no St Clair but he notes the marriage of Hugues de
Payns and Elisabeth as unconsummated. I can find no documentary evidence for
this or any other marriage of Hugues de Payns nor is there ant evidence that
this Frenchman, Hugues de Payns, ever visited Scotland.

Myths are sometimes useful in historical research but the creation of myths
and their publication with out any foundation is inexcusable and
irresponsible. If you dare ask a question of these myths you are soon
covered with abuse about your very parentage and bombarded with every
Chinese whisper that that people with no answers can conceive.

Look at this statement from the Clan Sinclair Australia site attributed to
The Rt. Hon. Malcolm Ian Sinclair, Chief of the Clan Sinclair, Niven
Sinclair and Ian Sinclair in their article Castles Sinclair and Girnigoe and
the Origin of the Clan Sinclair

"Einar was the youngest son of Rogenwald 'the Mighty' whose descendant
Malise II sired a daughter, Isabel, who married Sir William Sinclair of
Rosslyn.  The latter was a direct descendant of Hrolf 'the Ganger', the
eldest son of Rogenwald 'the Mighty'. So we have the descendants of two
brothers uniting in marriage.  The first child to be born to Sir William and
Isabel (in 1345) was none other than Prince Henry Sinclair who, as we have
said before, followed in the wake of his Viking ancestors by voyaging to the
New World in 1398.

Sir William was granted the Duchy of Normandy, by King Charles 'the Simple'
of France, by a Treaty signed at Castle St Clair-sur-Epte in 911 AD and from
which place the Sinclair's (St Clairs) take their name."

All of the references to Rollo also know as Hrolf and Rollon, the statues
built to him his tomb in Rouen are wrong! It was Sir William all of the
historians for the last 1100 years have been wrong. Just plain wrong! Was
this Sir William reference a failing of the proof reader or a miss typing?
Is this because of the authority of the authors is so great that as Gratiano
in his speech to cheer Antonio up says  In Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice
"I am Sir Oracle, and when I open my lips let no dog bark'"

 I can find no St Clair decent from Rollo but then again many time I have
asked for help.

Embodied in this statement are other  presumptions, stated as fact. The
Government of Nova Scotia casts doubt on some of these presumptions.  How
dare they?

In a lovely poem by Ghassan K.Sayegh writes

'Sir Oracle has spoken:
"I'm not sure of anything anymore,
Sound doctrine my token,
Yet, I slid and slid furthermore".'

The purpose of a discussion group is not to exterminate each other but to
discuss and attempt to find the truth of the subject under discussion not
the colour or brand of the writer's underwear.  Judge his opinions not his
personal life that belong to him, alone.

Sinclair

The Government of Nova Scotia site states
"All human knowledge - everything ever drawn, composed, painted, or
written - will be stored in one digital space available to the entire
planet, with powerful search engines providing efficient, cheap access.
  - William Thorsell, in The Globe and Mail, 5 February 2000
Mr. Thorsell is chairman of the editorial board of The Globe and Mail and a
member of the World Economic Forum's global issues advisory group."  The
site fails to state so will all misinformation will also be spread.

Ref Leroy, Thierry - Hugues de Payns; chevalier champenois, fondateur de
l'Ordre des Templiers (Troyes: Maison du Boulanger, 1997) ISBN
2950789560.thanks to John Duguid
http://www.gov.ns.ca/legi/hansard/han57-1/h98jun02.htm#[Page 613]
 Projet Beauceant www.templiers.org/
www.disinfo.com/pages/dossier/id96/pg1