Re: Origin of Irish Sinclairs: Sinclair -> Nokaird?????

Joe,

As we're not allowed to curse on the list, I can't go into
my feelings on my MAC G4. Suffice it to say I'm migrating
the other way to PC.

I've been looking at the McNokairds myself and not found
much before Toni Sinclair's excellent post.

I'm quite interested in this line's claim to Caithness that
led to the battle of Altimarlach. I'm fascinated that a line
that has no apparent blood connection (1) decided that these
lands belonged to them and (2) decided that the lands
belonged to them. Perhaps we're wrong about the
blood connection after all ?

Steve