Re: Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité pour tous

I happen also to think that detention without access to attorney, without
recourse to a writ of habeas corpus, without speedy trial are all wrong,
especially for US citizens or aliens in the US. There are wartime precedents
to the contrary but not in an open ended undeclared war when it will be hard
to say when or what the end is.  These rights are in the U.S. Constitution
and when the appeals in the U.S. federal courts are completed I am certain
that the US Constitution in all its grandeur will be upheld.

I never saw Sinclair's request for info on French Canadians resisting the
draft in World War II.  I have read of it but do not have source at hand.
Any detailed Canadian history of the period, or dissertation on French
Canadian and English Canadian relations, would have it.

On Louis XIV's not associating with his nobles, that was in a quote from the
web-master that I was responding to.

Jean