Rollo the Viking, Sinclairs and Charlemagne

Hello!

     I was too hasty in reporting that the Sinclairs were descended from
Charlemagne.  Upon reading further in David Crouch's book The Normans I
discovered that Rollo the Viking's son, William Longsword, and William
Longsword's wife Leutgarde (She was descended from Charlemagne.) had no
children.  It was William Longsword and Sprota of Brittany whose children
were the ancestors of William the Conqueror and the Sinclairs.

Sincerely,

Susan M. Grady
Alexandria, Virginia