Macbeth, Duncan, and Thorfinn first cousins.

John,

After going through reems of information (much conflicting) and trying to reach the most likely conclusion, I have arrived at the following, somewhat different than my aforegoing thoughts:

Malcolm II and wife Edith of Ossery had three daughters:
Bethoc/Beatrix (married Grimus Mortimer, Abbot Crinand), mother of Duncan I
Donada (married Finleach aka Finley), mother of Macbeth
Anleta Thora, (married Sigurd II Hlodversson) mother of Thorfinn, Jarl of Orkney

This makes the three all first cousins.

Sources: LDS Baptismal Records Slake Temple
              Kindship of Families by A.F. Bennett
              The Genealogical Society of Uthah
              Chart: "Queen Elizabeth, Descendant of King David" by M.H.
                        Gayer, O.B.E. and Rev. W.M.H. Milner
              M.A.F.R.G.S.A.I., "Kingdom of God on Earth, Royal Family;
                        Throne and Nation Established Forever" by E. E. Wemp
                        (British Israel World)
              CD V701-01 Vol 1, World Family Tree copyright 1996,
                         Broderbund Software, Pedigree file 986
               CD181 English Origins of New England Families, Series 1
                         Volume 3, Additional Royal Descents, copyright The
                         Learning Co., 17 July 1999

Hope this clears this up.

Stan