1st. Annual British Isles Festival

I spent my 42nd. Birthday at the British Isles Festival in Harveysburg Ohio
last Saturday. Our musically talented neighbors to the North sent us the
Glengarry Bhoys. This is the third time I've watched them perform. It seems
they are on the verge of bigger times as they have closed an agreement to
play the soundtrack on an upcoming movie called "Ocean Frontage" due out next
year. Shelly Downing, their fiddle player was once a Canadian National Step
Dancing Champion. She now plays Celtic rock and step dances at the same time.
The piper jumped out in the crowd and up on the bleachers and played his part
from the audience. Lead singer Graham called out to the audience,  "who among
ye are Scottish"? (a grand ovation ensued). "Aye", he says, "and who among ye
are Irish"? (another strong ovation) "And who among us are English"? (a very
small smattering of sheepish clapping) "Well now, ye have just two minuets to
get the hell OUT"!

Mind you, my wife is along and she IS English. I thanked her for all those
centuries of oppression and ordered another pint.

Donald Sinclair, Indianapolis