O'er the ramparts we watch'd

                    "Lives there a man with soul so dead,
                       that never to himself hath said,
                    'This is my own, my native land?'"

                                             Sir Walter Scott

Nearly lacking is the history books are the resolve of one third of the
colonial American population not only to force an unjust ruler to flee. The
Patriots made a would-be occupier recoil, by the use of a formidable arsenal
of tactics obstruction and sabotage, refusal to pay taxes and civil
disobedience of various kinds. Histories speak only of military heroes
they mislead entire generations to think that wars are the only way to solve
problems of self-defence, justice, and freedom.

Failure in battles only postponed success. American patriot courage not only
coached ambition but also demanded the habit of persistence and resolve.
That habit developed into the habit of victory.

Happy birthday America your country has given the world much to marvel at
and dream of. The hopes and aspirations of freemen every where share the
ideals of the American founding fathers. We non-Americans need you to stand
strong and resolute.America hardly stops, in her insatiable appetite for the
future, to enjoy the most glorious present existing in the world today, that
gift is that belief that every man stand equal in the light of freedom's
day.

"O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us as a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!"

Sinclair