Re: St. Clair -Knox-Wayne-Wedderburn

In a message dated 6/17/02 7:14:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
labehotiere@wanadoo.fr writes:

> That I know of Wayne has place names throughout the United States,
> especially in Pennsylvania and the states formed from the Northwest
> Territory. In Pennsylvania a county, nine townships, and the boroughs of
> Wayne, Waynesboro, and Waynesburg bear his name. At least  fifteen other
> American states have Wayne Counties.  Does anyone know any more?

There is a city of  Ft. Wayne in the State of Indiana.  Its in the North East
corner of the State!!  The county is not Wayne but its Allen County.  I know
there is a Wayne County in the State of Indiana somewhere. There is a replica
of the small Fort that was held there.  I wished I had paid attention to its
history... but I have took a tour there a few times when I was growing up.
They no longer use the Fort now or have its tour there because no one is
interested in going there.   It was very expensive for them to upkeep the
place.  Also, there is a statue of Mad General Anthony Wayne in Downtown Ft.
Wayne.

Kozy Tennant