Re: A Gleam of Hope?

http://kingcrest.com/sinclair/landmarks.html-ssi

states
"Battle of Halidon Hill - 1402 Prince Henry Sinclair (1340-1402) of Roslin
and Orkney, discoverer of America, was slain in battle on September 1402."

The Battle of Halidon took place in 1333 AD seven years before Henry was
born. Please see http://www.scotclans.com/clans/1333.htm

1297 "A Scottish army under the command of William Wallace recaptures
Stirling Castle from England's King Edward I at the Battle of Stirling
Bridge. Sir William Sinclair serves as one of Wallace's major commanders,
along with the "Red Comyn" and Symon Frazer. Outmanned Scottish troops
defeat Edward's 30,000 man army."/PAS

The booldest battle in Scots history was the Battle of Roslin this was the
three battles in on day and the defeat of 30,000 English by 8,000 Scots the
battles listed here are mixed.

"The Sinclairs were pre-eminent in the north and today they still own more
castles than any other family, and their descendants are spread through
England, Scotland, Wales, France, Sweden and even Poland where they are the
deposed Polish Royal family"

Jagiellon Dynasty flowed from the Piast Dynasty listed  are the kings and
queens and not a Sinclair among them

842 , Piast of Poland, Duke of Poland
861 , Ziemowit of Poland, Duke of Poland
892 , Lemzek of Poland, Duke of Poland
913 , Ziemonislaw of Poland, Duke of Poland
960 , Mieczislaw (Burislaf) I of Poland, Duke of Poland
992 , Boleslaw I the Brave of Poland, King of Poland
1025 , Mieszko II Lambert of Poland, King of Poland
1034 , Casimir I the Restorer of Poland, Duke of Poland
1058 , Boleslaw II the Bold of Poland, King of Poland
1079 , Wladyslaw I (Herman) of Poland, Duke of Poland
1102 , Boleslaw III Wrymouth of Poland, Duke of Poland
1102 , Zbigniew of Poland, Duke of Poland
1229 , Wladislaw Odonicz, Duke of Poland
1278 , Wenceslas II of Bohemia, King of Bohemia/Poland
1290 , Przemysl of Poland, King of Poland
1291 , Waclaw II of Poland, King of Poland
1305 , Wladyslaw I the Short of Poland, King of Poland
1333 , Casimir III the Great, King of Poland
1383 , Jadwiga of Poland, Queen of Poland
1386 , Wladyslaw II Jagiello of Poland, King of Poland
1434 , Wladyslaw III of Poland, King of Poland
1446 , Casimir IV of Poland, King of Poland
1492 , John I Albert of Poland, King of Poland
1501 , Alexander of Poland, King of Poland
1506 , Sigismund I the Elder of Poland, King of Poland
1548 , Sigismund II Augustus of Poland, King of Poland
1575 Bathory, Stephen of Transylvania, King of Poland
1587 Vasa, Sigismund III of Sweden, King of Poland
1632 Vasa, Wladyslaw IV Sigismund of Poland, King of Poland
1648 Vasa, John II Casimir of Poland, King of Poland
1674 Sobieski, John III, of Poland, King of Poland
1694 Wettin, Frederick Augustus I the Strong, King of Poland
1704 Leczinski, Stanislaw, King of Poland
1733 Wettin, Frederick Augustus II of Saxony, King of Poland

. see Davies, Norman, "God's Playground: A History of Poland", Volume I. New
York: Columbia University Press, 1982

Sinclair