Final Salvo - Memorial Day & Mr. Bush

Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:53:03 -0700
From: "Sinclair" <labehotierre@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Memorial Day

 "Wars are not acts of God. They are caused by man, by man-made
institutions, by the way in which man has organized his society. What
man
has made, man can change.". . . . . . . . .

Although I don't quite agree with Mr. Sinclair.  Mr Bush has  masterful
writer(s).  He is also jingoistic - which you are more than aware.  He
needs to bring the US into his way of thinking and be behind him when he
is really ready to do something audacious!
To fight an invisible enemy with troops hum?
Whoever, whether bin Laden or someone or group got that stuff ready and
planned the attacks of 9/11 - I'm not really sure, but to begin a war
without declaring war and sending troops into a country for political
reasons - has coalesed the US. But what has he really done?  What else
has he in mind - one idea seems to be taking another crack at Iraq.
Considerng that our Arab allies are not in step with us on this one -
don't think so.  If Mr. Bush is thinking in the terms of 'global
mastery' of 'lesser' nations - look out!
We gave up long ago the ability to wage war by giving away of
manufacturing capabiities. We have stopped doing those things that would
supply this country in peace or war. much of our raw materials comes
from outside the US. We are very much bound up in world trade.
I think the US is slipping the way the United Kingdom did.  Over many
years, the UK lost its ability to support itself internally. The US has
done the same thing over about the same number of years. So who is the
rising power?  China? - can China get to the point it too will be able
to call the shots with way the US has been doing?  The way that the
British Empire once did?  The way France and Spain once did?