Congratulations to Berri

As I am unable to attend the coming celebrations would some-one on the list
pass on my congratulations to Berri on his 21st. birthday.

One thing puzzles me somewhat. When I was last in Caithness with Niven some
fifteen months or so ago, we met several members of the Clan Gun who were in
the process of electing their new Clan Chief in accordance with Celtic and
highland tradition. Yet the Clan Sincalir has an hereditary cheiftain. How
and when did this essentially English idea take root in a Scotish Clan? I must
admit I am most curious. Could some-one please enlighten me?

Best wishes

Tim

--
Message sent with Supanet E-mail