Re: Elizabeth, Queen Mother

Dear Donald,
                   First, a thank you, for 'The Adventures of Big Aggie'.
Even though I was born in Glasgow,'Glesga', I find it a bit daunting at times
to understand the vernacular of a true Glaswegian.  Mary & I are off to
Florida in a couple of weeks to join a cruise vessel of Princess Lines for a
trip down to Panama and back to San Francisco.  I shall take the book with
me.  Many thanks for your kindness.  It's Niven's birthday on the 3rd as I'm
sure you know, so shall send him a message tomorrow.  Hope you had a lovely
Easter.  The reason I startred this message was really in response to your
message about the Queen Mother.  I remember being taken to George Square in
Glasgow in 1936 to watch the new King & Queen and the two little princess'
ride past in a beautiful gilded coach.  Princess Mararet and I, are the same
age, poor Mararet, I guess I'll get older than her now.  Anyway, as you say
the Queen Mum was loved by all and never a touch of scandal in all those
years.  I'm glad never to have been in the public eye as it would have been a
hard act to follow.  Take care of yourself and hopefully we shall see each
other at some of the Games here or over there.  Kindest regards, Donald J.H.,
San Rafael, CA.