Re: Cheng Ho & Admiral Zheng He

Hi,

> Greetings Cousins; The National Post in Canada featured this story
> today following a talk given by Gavin Menzies to the Royal
> Geographic Society last Friday.

Probably pedantic, but he wasn't talking to the Royal Geographic
Society, he rented their premises for the talk.  The RGS didn't
sponsor it in any way.

We'll have to wait for the book it appears for the details, although
even then I think he's keeping some stuff secret, eg the seven
shipwrecks he says he knows about.  That of course would clinch the
whole thing.  And shouldn't be that hard to prove.

Doug

--
 Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
 Submissions to:sci-archaeology-moderated@medieval.org