veritas vos liberabit

Clan Sinclair Association Canada's site is a wonderful site. The photos and
the images are clear and crisp. The layout easy to follow.

The history on it is strange and not history. Did you know the William The
Conqueror was William Sinclair?  Read this site's history that what is says.
Did you know that Emma Sinclair was Queen of England ? Well that what the
site says. The site lists as the decisive Battle  for the Dukedom of Normandy
Val-es-Dunes. The siege of the Donjon at Brionne  was the event that
determined the outcome.   Val-es-Dunes was a series of  skirmishes that had
no real effect on the outcome.  Some the historical references  are a
Historical novelist Nigel Tanner multi volume work  and the ever reliable
Father Hay.

The genealogy of Rollon does not include one Sinclair or St Clair or any
other variant of our name. With this note being added to this list I will
receive a heap of hate mail I am sure the carlerbas60@hotmail.com will
write me more of his abuse.  It seem more and more apparent that the name
Sinclair  is being dragged in the dirt by the well meaning but historically
misinformed
.
The ancient and proud name Sinclair is brought into disrepute by silliness.
Most of the people do not wear this name as their surname they are doing a
great disservice to those who have gone before us. The truth of the matter
is that the family Sinclair is the only family to continuous hold political
power in Europe for a thousand years. We are descended from Scananavia's
finest hooligans. We were not kings! We were and are King makers. We had no
international grand design we have good Viking blood that led us to wander
the world. Men and women who could give real meaning to carpe diem!

Look only as far as the secretary of Clan Sinclair Canada.  In a recent book
about Hurricane Carter coming hard on the heels of the acclaimed movie we
find that one of the Canadians who helped to free Carter was none other than
Gus Sinclair.  Gus is the man we know as Rory!

This is only an example of real men and women, Sinclair men and women! The
truth of the accomplishments of our family is an infinitely better story
than fiction.  There is no need for us to dip into another's make-up box and
paint our faces with their cosmetics.

"Could these few short days be mine
Then all the world would cry Sinclair
and echo with my name."

I have undernoted, from official French records the line of Rollon (Rollo).

Sinclair

 Dynastie de Normandie.
 I Eystein Glumra.
             1 enfant:
Rognald Le Riche comte.
II Rognald Le Riche comte.
             3 enfants:
                 - Ivar.
                 - Rollon (Rollo) duc de Normandie. cf: dessous.
                 - Thore.
 II Rollon ou Ron ou Hrolf ou Robert I Le Riche duc de Normandie et comte
de Rouen 911-927.
                   épouse: X.
                    Poppe fille de Bérenger comte de Senlis.
                    Gisèle fille de Charles III roi des Francs. cf:
 Dynastie Carolingienne.
             2 enfants:
                 - Adèle.
                  épouse: Guillaume III Tête d'Etoupe duc d'Aquitaine. mort
en 995.
                                        cf: Dynastie d'Aquitaine.
                 - Guillaume I Longe-Epée duc de Normandie. cf: dessous.
 III Guillaume I Longue-Epée duc de Normandie et comte de Rouen 930-942.
         épouse: Ledgarde ou Leutgare fille d'Herbert II comte deVermandois.
morte en 985.                        cf: Première dynastie de Vermandois.
            1 enfant et 1 fils naturel:
           - Fils naturel: Richard I Sans Peur duc de Normandie. cf:
dessous.
           - Raoul.
 IV Richard I Sans Peur ou Le Vieux ou Le Grand duc de Normandie et comte
de Rouen 942-996.
       épouse: Emma fille d'Hugues duc de France. morte en 968.
                        cf: Dynastie Robertide.
                        Gonnor. morte en 1031.
             8 enfants:
            - Richard II Le Bon duc de Normandie. cf: dessous.
            - Robert comte d'Evreux, archevêque de Rouen. mort en1037.
                         épouse: Herleva.
                             2 enfants:
                                 - Richard comte d'Evreux. mort en 1067.
                                   épouse: Adélaïde fille de
 Raymond-Borrel III comte de Barcelone morte en 1051. cf:
 Dynastie de Barcelone.
         2 enfants:
          Guillaume comte d'Evreux.mort en  1118.
         - Agnès. épouse: Simon comte de Montfort-L'Amaury. mort en 1087.
         - Guillaume comte d'Evreux    épouse: Hadoise.
                                             2 enfants:
                                             - Emma.
                                              épouse: Guillaume
 VIcomte de Clermont. - Judith. morte en 1076.
                            épouse: Roger I comte de Sicile.mort en 1101.
cf:  Première dynastie de Sicile.
              - Guillaume I comte d'Eu.
                        épouse: Lesceline.
                             3 enfants:
                         - Hugues évêque de Lisieux. mort en 1077.
                        - Guillaume II comte d'Eu.
                           épouse: Adèle comtesse de Soissons
 fille de Renaud I comte de Soissons.
                                             4 enfants:
                                             - Renaud II comte de  Soissons.
mort en 1084.
                                                 - Jean comte de Soissons.
                                                         épouse: Aveline
fille de Nivellon II de Pierrefonds.
                                                             1 enfant:
                                                            - Renaud
III comte de Soissons. morte en 1141.

 épouse: Bathilde. morte en 1137.
         - Manassès évêque de Cambrai, puis évêque de Soissons.  mort en
1108.
 - X.
                                                         épouse: Yves de
Nesle.
                                 - Robert comte d'Eu. mort en 1052.
                 - Mauger.épouse: Germaine comtesse de Corbeil fille
d'Albert
 comte de Corbeil.
                       1 enfant:
                     - Guillaume Weileng comte de Corbeil et comte de
Mortagne. mort en 1067.
                                             3 enfants:
                                             - Frédéric. mort en 1066.
                                              - Payan. mort en 1066.
                                              - Renaud. mort en 1067.
                                                             1 enfant:
                                                                 - Bouchard
II comte de Corbeil. mort en 1101.
                                                                    épouse:
Adélaïde de Crécy.

 1 enfant:

     - Adélaïde comtesse de Corbeil.  épouse: Evrard III de Puiset vicomte
de Chartres. mort en 1097.
                 - Emma reine d'Angleterre, puis devient reine d'Angleterre
et reine de Norvège et
                   reine du Danemark. morte en 1046.
                 épouse: Aethelred II Le Malavisé roi d'Angleterre.
 cf: Dynastie du Wessex.
                                        Knut I Le Grand roi d'Angleterre.
cf:
 Dynastie des Skjoldungiens.
                 - Béatrix. morte en 1035.
                    épouse: Ebles vicomte de Turenne.
                 - Hadwige ou Havoise. morte en 1034.
                 épouse: Geoffroy I comte de Bretagne. mort en1008.
                                        cf: Première dynastie de Bretagne.
                 - Mahaud ou Mathilde. morte en 1017.
                         épouse: Eudes I comte de Blois. mort en 996. cf:
 Dynastie de Champagne.

 V Richard II Le Bon duc de Normandie et comte de Rouen 996-1026.
         épouse: Judith fille de Conan I comte de Bretagne. morte en 1017.
                        cf: Première dynastie de Bretagne.
                        Estride fille de Svend I roi du Danemark. cf:
 Dynastie des Skjoldungiens.
                        Poppe ou Papia.
             8 enfants:
                 - Richard III duc de Normandie et comte de Rouen1026-1028.
                épouse: Sainte Adèle ou Adélaïde fille de Robert II roi de
France. morte en    1079.
cf: Dynastie Capétienne.
                             1 enfant:
                            - Judith. morte en 1094.
                                          épouse: Tostie comte de
 Northumberland. mort en 1066.
 Welf IV duc de Bavière. mort en 1101.
                                                         cf: Dynastie
d'Este.
   - Robert I ou II Le Magnifique duc de Normandie. cf:
 dessous.
                 - Guillaume moine. mort en 1025.
                 - Alix ou Judith.
                    épouse: Renaud I comte de Bourgogne. mort en 1057.
                                        cf: Dynastie des Unrochides.
                 - Aliénor.
                         épouse: Baudoin IV Le Barbu comte de Flandre. mort
en 1035.
                                        cf: Dynastie de Flandre.
                 - Adèle. morte en 1048.
                    épouse: Henri comte de Champagne. mort en 1048.
                                    cf: Dynastie de Champagne.
                 - Guillaume comte de Talon et comte d'Arques et baron de
Perrières.
                     épouse: X fille d'Hugues II comte de Ponthieu. cf:
 Dynastie de Ponthieu.
                 - Mauger archevêque de Rouen, puis devient comte d'Evreux.>
mort en 1055.
 VI Robert I ou II Le Magnifique ou Le Diable comte d'Yesmes, puis devient
 duc de Normandie et comte de Rouen 1028-1035.
             2 enfants naturels:
                 - Fille naturelle: Adélaïde.
                      épouse: Enguerrand II comte de Ponthieu. mort en 1053.
                                        cf: Dynastie de Ponthieu.
                                        Eudes IV comte de Troyes. mort en
1093.
                                        cf: Dynastie de Champagne.
                 - Fils naturel : Guillaume I Le Conquérant roi
d'Angleterre.
 cf: dessous.

 VII Guillaume I Le Conquérant ou Le Batard (II duc de Normandie) duc de
 Normandie et comte de Rouen 1035-1087, roi d'Angleterre 1066-1087.
  épouse: Mahaud ou Mathilde fille de Baudoin V comte de Flandre.
 morte en 1083.
                        cf: Dynastie de Flandre.
             9 enfants:
            - Robert II ou III Courteheuse duc de Normandie et comte de
Rouen
                   1087-1106 abdique. mort en 1134.
                    épouse: Sibylle fille de Geoffroi comte de  Conversana.
morte en 1103.
                        1 enfant:
 - Guillaume I ou III Clinton comte de Flandre et comte d'Artois
                                   1127-1128.

                                         épouse: Jeane fille de Rainier
marquis de Montferrat.
                                                        cf: Dynastie de
Montferrat.
                 - Richard. mort en 1081.
                 - Guillaume II Le Roux roi d'Angleterre 1087-1100.
                 - Agathe.
                 - Constance. morte en 1090.
                       épouse: Alain IV Fergent comte de Bretagne. mort en
1120.
                                        cf: Première dynastie de Bretagne.
                 - Adèle.
                 - Henri I Beauclerc roi d'Angleterre. cf: dessous.
                 - Sainte Alix ou Adèle ou Adélaïde. morte en 1137.
                         épouse: Etienne III-Henri comte de Blois. mort en
1102.
                                        cf: Dynastie de Champagne.
                 - Cécile abbesse de La Trinité de Caen. morte en 1127.

 VIII Henri I Beauclerc roi d'Angleterre 1100-1135, duc de Normandie et
comte  de Rouen 1120-1135.
 épouse: Mathilde ou Maude ou Edith ou Maulde fille de Malcolm III  roi
d'Ecosse.
 morte en 1118. cf: Deuxième dynastie d'Ecosse.
                        Adèle ou Adélaïde fille de Godefroid I duc de
Brabant. morte en 1151.
                       cf: Dynastie de Brabant.
             2 enfants:
            - Guillaume Adelin duc de Normandie  et comte de Rouen
1106-1120. épouse: Mathilde fille de Foulques V comte d'Anjou.
                                        cf: Première dynastie d'Anjou.
                 - Mathilde ou Mahaut impératrice du Saint Empire Romain
 Germanique et reine d'Italie. mort en 1167.
                         épouse: Henri V empereur du Saint Empire Romain
 Germanique.
                                        cf: Dynastie Othonnide.
                                        Geoffroy V Plantagenet comte
d'Anjou. mort en 1151.