The louisbourg Cannon

Hi,

Still needs a bit of tidying up perhaps, but I thought people might be
interested in the research I've done on Andrew Sinclair's claim about
this cannon.  The photo form his book and a comparable piece at the
Royal Armouries, Leeds is included. Tim Wallace-Murphy's suggestion
that this is a relic of the French exploration and occupation of the
area is the most likely explanation for this cannon at Louisbourg
(not, as Andrew Sinclair writes, Louisburg).

Comments welcome.

http://www.ramtops.demon.co.uk/lbourg.htm

Doug
--   Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Submissions to:sci-archaeology-moderated@medieval.org  Doug's
Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.demon.co.uk  Co-owner UK-Schools
mailing list: email me for details