Re: For Glen Cook, demise of the Templars???

Tim,

>Please clarify where John Robinson, in Dungeon Fire and Sword cites any
>sources

Yes, the citation is in the text I quoted, of a papal proclamation of 1319.
This would appear to be the Bull Ad ea ex quibus of Pope John XXII,
given at Avignon 14/15 March 1319:

 http://www.chivalricorders.org/vatican/chrstbll.htm

As I asked in a previous message,
Latin scholars among us: translation, please.

>Church propaganda is that and nothing else. Modern apologetic statements
>cannot, under any circumstances, be held to retrospectively can cel the
>validity or the intention of papal pronouncemnts made in the fourteenth
>century. If you claim that they do, then please explain how.

I have repeatedly claimed that the Catholic encyclopedia cites primary
sources, specifically the above-cited papal Bull.  You now have the
text of it available to you.  Please provide arguments as to how it
does or does not agree with what the Catholic Encyclopedia says.

>As to Robinson, except where mentioned in thetext of jis books, the most
>infuriating aspect of them is that he refuses point blank to cite his
>sources - so how can he be draggged into this?

Actually, Tim, you dragged him into this.  As I have quoted twice in the
last few days, your previous review of his book said:
 ``His 'Dungeon, Fire and Sword' is, quite frankly, superb.''

What would you like the new wording of your review to be?

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>