Fw: demise of the Templars???

    I have been advised off-list that my earlier statement about the
origin of the burial stone (see below) is incorrect.  The burial stone
was found in recent times on the grounds of the castle and sometime
later it was mounted for display in the Chapel.  The stone that
"adorned" the gateway into the Chapel grounds is in safekeeping in
Leith.