Re: New Study Centre opening soon

While I found this announcement quite interesting and I will follow
developments avidly, I do have a few questions already.

>Further information is posted at:
>
>www.sinclaireurope.com

Which says:

``The historic town of St. Clair-sur-Epte which is famous as the site
where the treaty creating the first of Dutchy of Normandy was signed,
has been chosen as the site of a new research and study centre.''

I thought Rollo was made Count of Rouen, not Duke of Normandy.
If that's the case, was Normandy made a duchy at that time?
(And is a Dutchy a part of the Netherlands?)

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>