Major John Sinclair,Royal Glasgow Yeomanry

Clan Sinclair Australia wishes to inform the Sinclair List of the passing
today of Major John Sinclair, Royal Glasgow Yeomanry.  He was the son of
David Horne Sinclair and Bessie Morgan, Grandson of John Henderson Sinclair
and Great grandson of Andrew Sinclair and Charlotte Calder of Lappan. He is
survived by his wife Bettina and their descendants. He was born on
18/07/1919  in Glasgow ( we believe)and died at 5.30pm, 25.01.2002,
peacefully in his sleep.

John lived in Indooroopilly, a suburb of Brisbane, Queensland and was a
source of much of our branch's knowledge of our forebears. We know about
him that he was Commander of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's Guard during his
military career, played Rugby internationally, and was very important to
the Australian Clan. Other descendants of Andrew Sinclair will no doubt be
saddened at the loss of John, as I am.

Jean Sinclair Stokes,
President Clan Sinclair Australia Inc.