Re: Book: The History of the Sinclair Family in Europe and America

Hello!

     The New England Historic Genealogical Society (The oldest genealogical
society in the United States, it was founded in 1845 in Boston,
Massachusetts.) has for sale the following book about the Sinclairs:

     The History of the Sinclair Family in Europe and America by Leonard A.
Morrison 1896, 453 pp.  It is a photocopy.  The price is $73.00  It is Item
#P3-53100 in their Holiday 2001 catalogue.

     Their address is:

                The Sales Department
                 New England Historic Genealogical Society
                 One Watson Place
                  Building 4
                  P. O. Box 5089
                  Framingham, Massachusetts 01701

                  Toll-free number: 1-888-296-3447   Monday-Friday 9:00 AM -
5:00 PM
                  Eastern Time.

                  Their web site is: www.NewEnglandAncestors.org

         My husband and I did research at the NEHGS in August 2000.  I looked
at this book.  It concerns the Sinclairs who came to New Hampshire,
Massachusetts and Virginia before the Revolutionary War.   The introduction
to the book gives the history of the Sinclair family.  It states that the
first Sinclair to come to the Untied States was Salamon Sinclare who went
from London, England to Boston, Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1651.  I don't
know if this is true or not.

             Sincerely,

             Susan M. Grady

             Alexandria, Virginia