Re: Tony Blairs Lapel flower??

The custom of wearing "poppies" from the last week of October to November 11
each year is a custom found in all commonwealth countries and as a Canadian
, I have worn a poppy every Remembrance Day since becoming sentient.
I will be playing my bagpipe at a Remembrance Day Ceremony at Paulene Public
School as I have been doing for the last 10 years with the same group of
Legionaires.   We all will be wearing poppies.
The children have always been extraordinarily thoughtful and respectful of
this day.

FYI John MacRae served in the Canadian Medical Corps in Flanders in the
Great War.

Rory in Toronto