Costal Challenges of Caithness

See the address below for a wonderful description of the sailing challenges
around Caithness. One has to wonder if our Sinclair grandfathers, known as
the most keen sailors and keepers of the largest fleet there, would have had
this memorized and passed down to their sons in firelight stories. Or, most
likely, giving adverse directions to their enemies. From my trip to Girnigoe
in 1999, I can tell you that this sea is quite loud and fierce on a rainy day
in June. I have seen pictures from winter storms, they are safest viewed from
your monitor.

Donald Sinclair, Indianapolis

http://www.caithness.org/history/articles/sailingdirections.htm